LVM problem <SOLVED>

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 22:46:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 15:32, Robin Laing wrote:
> > I accept the fact that if one of the drives fail I will lose data.
> >
> This makes an interesting point.
>
> I am using mirrored drives now as volumes.  md0 and md1.  If one drive
> fails, I wonder how this will be handled.

If they are RAID1 and the remaining hardware continues to work, the
damage is that doing a
cat /proc/mdstat
will show one as failed.  Otherwise you won't notice.

Note that some failure modes on ide drives take any other drives
on the same controller down too, and you may or may not be
able to boot from the 2nd drive if the primary fails.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com