anyone know much about the Mylex driver?

Frantisek Rysanek Frantisek.Rysanek at post.cz
Fri Oct 7 09:04:42 UTC 2005

On 6 Oct 2005 at 10:24, Mike Pepe wrote:
>                    Read Cache Disabled, Write Cache Enabled
>
> How does one enable the read cache?

Funny, I thought the read cache was always on.
Write-back or write-behind caching is a problem if you're
afraid of power outages.

Maybe try looking for something like "access optimization:
random vs. sequential". Though I believe this should turn
on/off read-ahead, rather than read caching alone.

I don't have any knowledge of the ExtremeRAID, I speak
in general terms.

Frank Rysanek