Make a boot CD for FC4?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Oct 7 10:59:41 UTC 2005

Neil Aggarwal wrote:

>Claude:
>
>I want a boot CD that will start up the OS, not a rescue CD
>that will allow me to load a shell.  Will that ISO give that
>to me?
>
>Thanks,
>	Neil
>

>--
>Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (214) 986-3533, www.JAMMConsulting.com
>FREE! Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by
>17% or more in 6 months or less! http://newsletter.JAMMConsulting.com

mkbootdisk can be passed options which can make ISO images that can be
burned to CD and used to boot yor computer. The subject came up along
time back and several tried it sccessfully, including myself. Since the
subject is old, reading mkbootdisk info or man pages or searching the
archives when Fedora first started using the 2.6 series kernels.

--iso  Instructs mkbootdisk to make a bootable ISO image as devicefile.

Jim

--
QOTD:
	If it's too loud, you're too old.