Make a boot CD for FC4?

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Fri Oct 7 13:48:54 UTC 2005

Neil:

> try this :
>     mkbootdisk --verbose --iso --device /root/<kernel_version>.iso
> <kernel_version>

Here is what I am trying to do:

I have a SuperMicro server with 2 SATA drives.

I want to run RAID for all partitions, so I set up these devices:

/dev/md0	/boot		100MB
/dev/md1	/		60GB
/dev/md2	swap		2GB
/dev/md3	/var		5GB

The install happens just fine, but when the machine reboots
after the install, it does not load the OS.

I want to create a boot CD from rescue mode that will boot
the fedora installed on /dev/md1?

Would I run rescue mode, do a chroot /mnt/sysimage
and then run the mkbootdisk command?

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (214) 986-3533, www.JAMMConsulting.com
FREE! Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by