Nautilus: bug or feature? How to I fix Zoom?

spmirowski spmirowski at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 7 16:03:21 UTC 2005

Hello,

With Gnome 2.10 and later there is a new bug/feature in Nautilus,
personally I hate it.  With the icon zoom option in icon view, it would
only change the size of icon and not the text, now it does both.

Nifty, but the icon's text size is also depended on application font
size in the font panel. I like smaller icons but the fonts must stay a
size I can read. I always set my fonts to 8pt in font panel. well, now
if I put my icons to 75%, the icon text is unreadable.  However, if I
raise my application fonts in the font panel, if affects all my other
programs will have bigger fonts and take up too much screen room.

Is there a way to break this new, zoom mutual dependence by using
Configuration Editor or some other way?

Stephen