dmg file

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Oct 7 21:25:52 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 15:18 -0600, C.F. Scheidecker Antunes wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> I have a Mac file with the extension DMG. How can I extract its contents
> with Fedora Linux?

Simple answer: mount it using HFS and using the loop device:

	mount -t hfs -o loop myImage.dmg /some/mount/point

".dmg" means "disk image".  The Mac uses HFS and a .dmg is essentially:

	dd if=/somedir of=file.dmg

where "/somedir" is the mountpoint of a partition formatted with HFS.

-             To iterate is human, to recurse, divine.               -