wma help

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Fri Oct 7 21:58:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-10 at 12:39 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
> Andy Green wrote:

> > Date:
> > Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:11:31 -0600

> >>[rant]
> >>Take a lesson from this and watch what you purchase.  DRM'd media is a
> >>pain and it will get worse if people keep paying for it.
> >>[/rant]
> >

> > Just saw this:
> >
> > http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=1952
> >
> > even people that take the MSFT (advertising) shilling are starting to agree.
> >
> > -Anby
>

> Of course, using Linux I don't need to read this.
>
> Music exec: quit whining and dump Mac, Linux

Mac and Linux Users : Music execs should quit whining or we will dump
their music.

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/23/mac_linux_users_told_to_buy_cd_players/

What can be said about that... the Finn's voted for them losers, now
they get to suffer for it.

Unfortunately most politicians are easy to bribe, and can usually be
bought. I personally consider most to be feeble minded, and are reminded
that it appears to be true on a regular basis, since they can usually
only understand half of an issue and only from one side. Like the saying
goes ; Even a ball has two sides - The outside and the inside.

The best you can do, is refuse to purchase anything that you can not use
in the manner you prefer for your personal use. If you continue to
support these hoodlums, before you know it they will be putting retinal
scanners on the DVD players and charging per viewing eyeball per play
{you will need to lock up your pets before watching a movie}.

If a record company supports the predatory DRM schemes write them a
letter, letting them know that you refuse to purchase any of their music
until they publicly announce they will allow you to use content
purchased from them in any way you wish for personal use. You may also
want to remind them that if it too difficult for them to make money
selling music, then they are not in the right business.

Buying and stealing music is a two edged sword :
1) If you buy music - record companies make music and can afford to keep
the artist who are selling music and can sign new artists.
2) If you don't buy or steal music - record companies go out of business
and the artists are no longer able to sell music and you have no new
artists to look forward to and life will become boring.

Selling music and ripping off customers is also a two edged sword :
1) Sell good music that customers can use how ever they want for
personal use and they will buy more making your profits grow.
2) Sell crummy music or rip off your customers by forcing them to
pay over and over for the same content and they will stop supporting
your company and you will go broke and then you and your lawyers will
have to commit suicide {we could only be so lucky}.