Sound card(intel D915GVWB) not detected in Fedora Core 3

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sat Oct 8 10:05:58 UTC 2005

Manilal K M wrote:

> Still no soundcards
>
> [root at gamma ~]# cat /proc/asound/cards

Hum :-(  I guess I would check dmesg looking for errors or complaints
from snd-intel8x0, then think about upgrading to FC4 and the 2.6.13
kernel that is available in that.  If that still didn't help I would
think about visiting

http://alsa-project.org/

and updating the alsa modules to their 1.0.10rc1 development version
(the latest FC4 kernel is using Alsa 1.0.9b same as your kernel).
Hopefully someone else has a better idea....

-Andy