Multi-session CDROM access... How?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Oct 8 07:59:54 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 13:12 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Well, *that* at least makes sense. But I dunno why the name "fixation"
> would be chosen. It's confusing to have "fixation" and "finalization".
> Too close in meaning and in sound.

Hmm, first time I came across multi-session discs, they were described
as "closing" the current session, and "finalising" the disc.

Regarding "finishing" the disc (your rant), Windows *finishes* discs all
the time.  ;-)  It just about finished my interest in computing, too.

I read messages from the public lists.