Kino converts to mpg?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Oct 8 16:24:49 UTC 2005

On Saturday 08 October 2005 12:12, Paul Smith wrote:
>Dear All
>
>Is Kino the right application to convert a video DVD into a mpg file?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Paul

No, its not Paul, but with the right tools & libs installed, it sure makes
a great administrator *for* the right tools.  With all the options
available, kino just plain Gets It Right(TM) with a minimum of fussing.

I needed to take the output of my firewire movie camera, and make some
video cd's of the next door folks oldest daughter getting married last
spring.  A bit of research was required to locate all the stuff, and I
had to go get the cvs version (now patched into the kernel) of v4l's
firewire stuff, but with kino running the show, it was pretty easily done
once all the tools had been collected & installed.  The people loved it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)