can I make a reset-at-will box?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 9 12:37:57 UTC 2005

Tim wrote:

>> Is is possible to configure FC4 in such a way that I can press the
>> reset button at will, or rudely turn off the power, and not have to
>> care in the slightest about the file system being upset?

Benjamin Donnachie:

> Use a journalising file system such as ext3?

I do, but during testing (where I've hit the reset button and pulled out
the power leads), I've seen warnings about not being shutdown properly
and fsck should be done on the drive.  I don't know how much I can
ignore such warnings, and just carry on hoping for the best.

It'd be better if there was no need to "recover", that the drive was
only being written to if you were actually saving data to it.

I read messages from the public lists.