Weird dhcpd problem

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sun Oct 9 14:58:18 UTC 2005

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005, Claude Jones wrote:

> On Sun October 9 2005 7:33 am, Jean-Louis Leroy wrote:
>>> If memory serves, selinux disabled dhcpd in the release version.
>>> Subsequent patches fixed the issue - are you patched up to date. If it's
>>> a fresh install, try disabling selinux - if that works, you probably can
>>> fix the issue by getting all the latest updates.
>>
>> I've found /etc/selinux/config and set it it 'disabled'. Can I apply
>> this without rebooting? The computer is at the other side of Brussels ;-)
>
> Can't help you there - I'm in the Blue Ridge mountains of the East Coast of
> the U.S. ;-)
> I'm not sure of doing it as you suggest - you could try 'setenforce = 0' as
> root - I think that will do it

"setenforce 0" will set SELinux to permissive mode.  "setenforce 1" will
set it to enforcing mode.

Change /etc/sysconfig/selinux to affect the next boot.  For a onetime
change on boot, use the GRUB editor to add "enforcing=0" to set permissive
mode.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences