Adding MP3 Support to AmaroK

Dee-Ann LeBlanc dee at renaissoft.com
Sun Oct 9 20:40:10 UTC 2005

Claus Reheis <reh_cla at yahoo.de> wrote:

> 2) install the package: amarok-arts
>
>    "yum install amarok-arts"
>
> Then you should have mp3 support in amarok

Except that I get this:

---> Downloading header for amarok-arts to pack into transaction set.
amarok-arts-1.2.4-6.fc4.i 100% |=========================| 7.6 kB
00:00
---> Package amarok-arts.i386 0:1.2.4-6.fc4 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: amarok = 1.2.4 for package: amarok-arts
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: amarok = 1.2.4 is needed by package
amarok-arts
[root at catherine ~]# rpm -q amarok
amarok-1.3.2-1.fc4

Livna's kind of getting on my nerves lately. Their Nvidia driver package
doesn't always keep up with the kernel releases so I end up having to
build from source to be sure ... bah.

--
Dee-Ann LeBlanc, Training and writing on Linux and open source
Home: http://www.Dee-AnnLeBlanc.com/