Macintosh Linux?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Oct 10 00:19:07 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 14:23 -0700, Issac Newton wrote:
> Is there a linux operating system, or will Fedora work on a Macintosh
> IIci without any modifications? I have a Mac OS on the harddrive, but
> I don't know what version, and I can not start the Mac OS on boot. I
> also do not have the Disk Tools floppy needed to fix the operating
> system. If anyone can provide information pertaining to this little
> predicament, please email me at ddproxy at gmail.com ... I would enjoy to
> have a copy of the Disk Tools that I can put on a floppy from a
> Windows XP computer, or anything that could allow me to fix the
> original Mac OS already on the hard drive using only a Windows XP
> computer. Thank you for your valuable time, Ice D Pox.
----
Not sure exactly what you are trying to do.

You can download various disks for old OS directly from Apple - i.e.
7.5.5 as disk image files and they would probably burn to floppy disk by
using dd on Linux.

www.info.apple.com

dd if=/path/to/Apple_Disk.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=512

Those are High Density floppy disk images. If I recall correctly, there
were 2 or 3 disk images. I have the 'net install' version which isn't
going to help since it is only for systems that are already working and
I can't legally give you a copy per Apple's restrictions.

Craig

believed to be clean.