raidcontroller 2010S adaptec

Steffen Kluge kluge at fujitsu.com.au
Mon Oct 10 01:56:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 11:49 +0200, brouwers roland lx wrote:
> I am installing Fedora3 on a siemens server TX200 with a RAID controller
> adaptec 2010S, including two interfaces which need a driver dpt_i2o and
> aic7xxx. I believe the aic7xxx is included with Fed.
>
> Where can I find those drivers and how do I install it with a new
> install?

All you should need is the Adaptec I2O RAID driver (aka dpti, module
called dpt_i2o). I'm running RH9 (kernel 2.4.31) on a bunch of TX200's,
but I believe this should still be true for FC3 and 2.6.x kernels.

The dpti driver is the only low-level SCSI driver I built for those
systems, it is all that's required.

Here is the respective section from my /var/log/dmesg file, so you can
check whether we're talking about the same hardware:

        Detecting Adaptec I2O RAID controllers...
        Adaptec I2O RAID controller 0 irq=24
             BAR0 f8825000 - size= 100000
             BAR1 f8926000 - size= 1000000
        dpti: If you have a lot of devices this could take a few
        minutes.
        dpti0: Reading the hardware resource table.
        TID 008  Vendor: ADAPTEC      Device: AIC-7902     Rev: 00000001
        TID 009  Vendor: ADAPTEC      Device: AIC-7902     Rev: 00000001
        TID 516  Vendor: SDR     G    Device: GEM318       Rev: 0
        TID 520  Vendor: ADAPTEC R    Device: RAID-5       Rev: FS13D
        scsi0 : Vendor: Adaptec  Model: 2010S            FW:FS13
          Vendor: ADAPTEC   Model: RAID-5            Rev: FS13
          Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision:
        02
          Vendor: SDR       Model: GEM318            Rev: 0
          Type:   Processor                          ANSI SCSI revision:
        02
        Attached scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0

Using lspci, I get for the RAID controller:

        RAID bus controller: Distributed Processing Technology SmartRAID
        V Controller (rev 01)

Cheers
Steffen.