Adding MP3 Support to AmaroK

Claus Reheis reh_cla at yahoo.de
Mon Oct 10 04:43:29 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 13:40 -0700, Dee-Ann LeBlanc wrote:
> Claus Reheis <reh_cla at yahoo.de> wrote:
>

> > 2) install the package: amarok-arts
> >
> >    "yum install amarok-arts"
> >
> > Then you should have mp3 support in amarok
>
> Except that I get this:
>
> ---> Downloading header for amarok-arts to pack into transaction set.
> amarok-arts-1.2.4-6.fc4.i 100% |=========================| 7.6 kB
> 00:00
> ---> Package amarok-arts.i386 0:1.2.4-6.fc4 set to be updated
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: amarok = 1.2.4 for package: amarok-arts
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: amarok = 1.2.4 is needed by package
> amarok-arts
> [root at catherine ~]# rpm -q amarok
> amarok-1.3.2-1.fc4

Livna build his packages on Fedora Extras, so Extras and Livna work fine
together, but you should be carefully with other repository's because of
the dependencies! Here is my /etc/yum.repos.d/ :

fedora-devel.repo         fedora.repo                  livna.repo
fedora-extras-devel.repo  fedora-updates.repo
fedora-extras.repo        fedora-updates-testing.repo  xcyb.repo

Do you have other repositories installed?
Did you remove all the SuSE-packages you installed before?If not: DO IT!

If thats fine then try:

"yum remove amarok"

and after:

"yum install amarok-arts"

>Livna's kind of getting on my nerves lately. Their Nvidia driver
>package
> doesn't always keep up with the kernel releases so I end up having to
> build from source to be sure ... bah.
Right, I also don't use the livna-nvidia packages, I use the driver from
www.nvidia.com

Claus