Bringing up loopback - fails

Andy Pieters mailings at vlaamse-kern.com
Mon Oct 10 18:51:46 UTC 2005

Hi

Could you post text only please.

You made a custom kernel and most likely you forgot to enable support for your
network card.  Are we to asume that it is the most recent kernel you
compiled?  New kernels come with new drivers and chances are that if you are
using an older kernel your card isn't built-in yet.

I suggest you boot your working kernel, examine the settings that were used to
compile that one (you'll have to ask the list because I forgot how to get
those) and then apply the necessary settings to the source tree of the new
kernel and recompile (and reinstall) it.

Did you run kudzu on your new kernel? Did it say something about "The
following hardware was removed"

HTH

Andy

--
Registered Linux User Number 379093
Now listening to Haloween - Haloween

   amaroK::the Coolest Media Player in the known Universe!

   Cockroaches and socialites are the only things that can
   stay up all night and eat anything.
					    Herb Caen
--
--
Check out these few php utilities that I released

 http://www.vlaamse-kern.com/sas/