Help please

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 11 05:39:05 UTC 2005

Ritesh Ranga wrote:
> Hi there,
> I have a dual-boot system with Fedora and Windows xp. So i have NTFS partitions as well as EXT3 partition on my hard drive.
> Now i want to access the NTFS(windows) partition in Fedora. Can anyone please tell me how could i do this?
> Thanx.

There are two answers: The official one.... Linux READS NTFS
just fine. It has rather limited (probably you shouldn't use
it) write ability.

The unofficial one: Linux sometimes munges NTFS file names
on read, and I don't mean the well-known issue that NTFS
is case-preserving but case-insentive. I mean like inserting
non-ASCII characters into ASCII only file names.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.