ati graphics on laptops

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Oct 11 14:29:44 UTC 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, David Becker wrote:

> Sorry if I sound like I'm whining over this, but the market has become
> so untransparent because of these architectures. And any vendor who *is*
> sincere still looses credibility because of other vendors obscurity.
> There's just too many different x300's and x600's on the market with
> such a wide range of performance characteristics. If ATI started calling
> their shared memory based graphic controllers x290 or x590 then notebook
> vendors would have a harder time obscuring this than when they drop the
> 'SE' from 'x300 SE'.

That's why Shiva made fine print.
Marketing (the process, not the people)
requires the big number.
Honesty requires including the small number.
As long as they're both on the same page,
anyone with enough knoweldge to care
about the difference is likely to find both.

If the page is big enough,
marketing can even include numbers
for other vendors products.

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES.  *I* ONLY TURN UP ONCE."  --  Death