STILL Unable to use YUM to update

John Moore database1 at qualitycareforchildren.org
Tue Oct 11 20:22:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 19:20 -0600, Spencer Kellis wrote:

> I just had problems with yum myself... a few things I learned that
> might help:
>
> clean up your yum data:
> yum clean all
>
> clean up your rpm data:
> rm /var/lib/rpm/__db*
> rpm --rebuilddb
>
> I think those are the basics... hopefully that does something!
>
> Spencer

www.spencerkellis.net

10.11.2005

Hey Spencer.

Tried the first command "yum clean all" and this is what I got (what I
entered at the terminal)

[jmoore at localhost ~]$ su -
Password:
[root at localhost ~]# yum clean all
Config Error: Error accessing file for config file:///etc/yum.conf
[root at localhost ~]#

As you can see, I still got the same error.  Any suggestions?