Program to check for presense of CD?

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Tue Oct 11 20:53:11 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 02:53:03PM -0400, Marc M wrote:
> What about the mount utility, it will show you what is mounted and you can
> see the devices listed. What are you trying to accomplish with this, is is a
> remote machine or something that you need to closely monitor or what?
>
> Marc
>

> On 10/11/05, patrick <gibblertron at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm wondering if there's any program in Fedora that can check to see
> > if there is a CD in the drive? I was using a low-level scsi utility on
> > OpenBSD, but we're moving to Linux now.
> >
> > Any recommendations would be appreciated.
> >
> > Patrick
> >
> > --
Top posting again. Please don't. The question is somewhat obscure
because mount will tell you if the CD mounted (which should happen
auto-magically) however it will not tell you that there is a CD in the
drive that maybe failed to mount. So the question is which do you
really want to find out?

The true Southern watermelon is a boon apart, and not to be mentioned with
commoner things.  It is chief of the world's luxuries, king by the grace of God
over all the fruits of the earth.  When one has tasted it, he knows what the
angels eat.  It was not a Southern watermelon that Eve took; we know it because
she repented.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University