Sharing files (ext. drive) with Windows from FC4

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 06:08:52 UTC 2005

What is the best way to share files with Windows users from FC4 over an
untrusted LAN? It would be great to have the functionality of SMB but with
the security of sftp. More specifically, it would be nice if a Windows user
could open files (play music) directly from the remote drive.

I am interested in doing this for an external hard drive. I've already
sucessfully done it with simply mounting it and sftp, but the process on
Windows side was somewhat clumsy.

Thank you in advance.