Wine and Internet Explorer under Fedora Core 4

Mark Ryden markryde at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 08:18:03 UTC 2005

Hello,
  Does anybody have a positive experience with Wine and Internet
Explorer under Fedora Core 4 ?
I tried to follow the advice in:
http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=ie6

But it did not work; (maybe it is relevant to older version of Fedora Core).

What I tried is the sidenet scripts and it failed.

I also tried WineTools: (also cited in frankscorne)
http://www.von-thadden.de/Joachim/WineTools/

According to it ,Wine version  20041019 this is the recommended version
So I downloaded and tried to build this version (20041019).

But it failed to build on FC4 (because the compiler of FC4 is gcc4 and
not gcc3.4*;
and gcc4 is stricter).

Any ideas ?

If somebody succeeded with Internet Explorer under Wine on FC4
I would love to hear how.

Regards,
MR