ELF Binary Stripper?

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 12 19:18:50 UTC 2005

Craig White wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 14:02 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
>

>>Also agreed. I posted a brief message. Apparently, more details of the
>>percieved problem were needed by some at RH, so I provided some.
>>
>>RH, if you ever listen to your users, you should listen now.
>>
>>People don't like their systems being taken over by software
>>and not know what that software is doing or why, and looking
>>for docs and finding that their systems are being brought to their
>>knees in order to make them "faster".
>>
>>Don't criticize your users for wanting to be in control of their
>>own machines.
>
> ----
> there is too much traffic and too few people from Red Hat monitoring
> this list so the appropriate place for comments/enhancements and of
> course problems is always going to be bugzilla where you know it has to
> be read by someone and if you post the bugzilla link to this list, you
> might get others who agree to chime in as well.

But I was responding to Ulrich Drepper, who has in his sig that he
represents RH. He criticized me for criticizing prelink.

> When this was RHL, the operative phrase was always...it's not a bug if
> it isn't in bugzilla

That amounts to a definition of the word "bug". But I don't use
that word. I use the word "defect". And defective software is
just that, defective.

Hi there, Craig! Nice to see you! How are things over at CentOS?

[big evil grin!]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.