ELF Binary Stripper?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Oct 12 19:22:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 15:14, Scot L. Harris wrote:

> Setting aside the discussion of prelink being useful or not, if you want
> to disable it move the /etc/cron.daily/prelink file to a safe location.
> That should prevent it from being run each day.

Correction to my previous post on this subject, the best way to disable
prelink is to edit the file /etc/sysconfig/prelink and set the line:

PRELINKING=yes

PRELILNKING=no

Note that according to the comments in that file this will cause prelink
to be disabled and prelink will run one more time to undo all prelinking
on the system.

So you may just want to move the cron.daily file and be done with it.