ELF Binary Stripper?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Oct 12 21:11:27 UTC 2005

Hi

> I responded on-list to a message from Ulrich Drepper, who in his sig
> claims to represent Red Hat. Why is that not an effective way to
> get someone who claims to represent Red Hat to listen?

Posts in users list are informal and in general not representative of
any organization.   Speaking for myself  I generally respond to many
things in this list our of my own interest and sometimes not follow up
on the responses I might get unless its explicitly CC'ed back to me.
This is not intentional. Simple put, things falls by the way side if you
use the users list to send feedback to the developers due to high
traffic here.  Morever if I am a developer or maintainer for a
particular package, I would prefer to keep track of things in bugzilla
rather than get responses in the users list since it would help me track
of bugs or feature requests more easily and I am obligated to respond to
those. If I am not a developer, I wouldnt want to file bug reports or
feature requests on your behalf since the developer or maintainers might
ask questions or more information to understand the rationale if its a
feature request or reproduce it, if its a bug report which is why I and
others encourage users to send in feedback themselves instead of being a
proxy.

> But philosophy of where FC should be going does not belong on bugzilla.
> And that is the topic I was trying to pursue.
> Do you know of a better forum where one should post messages which
> say "FC is headed in the wrong direction. It needs to turn."?

I can point to something I wrote at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate.

Be as specific and provide detailed rationale as you can and post to the
fedora-devel list if it really requires discussion and is not a straight
forward bug report or feature request.  Kindly dont post any rants
there. It only wastes time. Thanks

regards
Rahul