Why wont this script run??

Benjamin Franz snowhare at nihongo.org
Thu Oct 13 13:57:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Søren Neigaard wrote:

> How can it be that httpd runs fine with my httpd.conf if i start it manually,
> and all VirtualHosts works perfectly, but the script refuses to start httpd??
> Man im puzzled here.

Reduce the problem. Begin with the working httpd.conf and add things from
the non-working httpd.conf *one* at a time until it breaks. In other word,
make *small* changes until you reach a change that breaks. You should not
be changing more than 5 lines of config at a time doing this.

Round 1: Change 'apache' to 'www'. Restart.
Round 2: Change DocumentRoot. Restart.
Round 3: ...

--
Benjamin Franz

Simple things should be simple, complex things should be possible.
                                          - Alan Kay