Weirdness in FC4

Don Flinn flinn at alum.mit.edu
Fri Oct 14 02:33:28 UTC 2005

I've recently noticed the following three errors during boot of FC4.

1. Fatal error inserting  acpi_cpufreq (lib mod
2.6.13.1.1526_fc4/kernal/arch/i386/kernal/cpu/cpufreq/acpi-cpufreq.ko):
no such device

2.nfs locking    failed (this during shutdown)

3.smartd         failed

My machine seems to be running slower, especially Firefox.  I took the
advice of an e-mail on the list:

1. added the line - alias net-pf-10 off to /etc/modprobe.conf, and then
rebooted.

2.set "network.dns.disableIPv6" to 'true" in Firefox.

This sped it up, but now it is running slow for the internet accesses.

Finally - Over the past two weeks my system tells me there are no
updates.  I've used up2date, Yum extender and the yum update command
line.  All say no updates.  Is this true - have there been no updates
over the past two weeks?

Any ideas, suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Don