Cut & Paste between apps

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Sat Oct 15 07:40:18 UTC 2005

On Thursday 13 October 2005 17:06, Todd Simi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've not been able to cut and paste between Firefox and Evolution.  They
> seem to have their own "clipboards".  Am I missing something, or is it
> just the way it is?
>
> Thanks
> Todd

In future, please give us a bit more information.  Particularly the desktop
being used, kde or gnome or?, and the distro and kernel.

All I can say is that kde uses global shortcuts which has a default of
'ctrl-ins' for copy to klipper (kde clipboard) and 'shft-ins' for paste.
Documents don't have to be kept open after copying, they will paste correctly
even when the original is closed.

HTH,
Tom

--