bind-sdb package in FC3/4

Dan ml at mutox.org
Sat Oct 15 09:06:15 UTC 2005

Hey all,

I installed the bind-sdb package and noticed it seems to be geared towards
towards LDAP backends. However bind does not actually support database
type ldap:

Oct 15 18:43:52 devel2 named[24545]: unsupported database type 'ldap'

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but I assume not.

I have developed a patch which i use to deploy my own bind9 rpms with ldap
support. This patch changes named/main.c, and adds the the ldapdb.c/.h
files, and is based on the instructions provided at
http://www.venaas.no/ldap/bind-sdb/.

I will file this issue (and the patch) in bugzilla in the near future
unless anyone has any objections.

Cheers,

Dan