No new updates??

Don Flinn flinn at alum.mit.edu
Sun Oct 16 13:50:43 UTC 2005

Jim

Thanks for the pointers.  My yum.conf matches yours and has enabled=1.
But you started me looking.  My yum log file has at the end:
Oct 15 05:21:34 Updated: openssl097a.i386 0.9.7a-3.1
Oct 15 05:21:36 Updated: texinfo.i386 4.8-4.1
Oct 15 05:21:41 Updated: openssl-devel.i386 0.9.7f-7.10

Then checking /etc/rc.d/init.d/yum script I see that it does nightly
updates and that the lockfile in /var/lock/subsys/yum exists.  Is is
that yum is smarter than me (not to hard) and silently does the update,
so that when I manually run yum update there is really nothing to
update?

Don