Battery Status fails again FC4 x86_64

Erik Hemdal ehemdal at townisp.com
Sun Oct 16 15:02:57 UTC 2005

> Hey list,
>
> Since I updated my laptop to kernel 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4 x86_64 the battery
> status applet is back broken. It was fixed for the kernels 1447 and
> 1456. Has somebody experienced this problem too, and has somebody a
> solution?
>
> greetings,
>
> Johan Lozano

Hello Johan:

I don't have a solution, but I have a broken battery-status applet too.
I'm using the 32-bit kernel.  My issues include these

1.  The applet doesn't always recognize when my laptop goes on AC, and
continues to show the machine as being on battery power.

2.  The applet doesn't properly show the time-to-recharge (showing
instead --:-- when this happens).

This happens on one laptop, but not on another.  There's a hardware
dependence that I haven't sorted out yet.  Sometimes the applet works
correctly even on the machine that exhibits the problem.  That makes it
harder to diagnose the issue.

Erik