fstab-sync wipes out /etc/fstab

oleksandr korneta mai11ist at fastmail.fm
Sun Oct 16 20:08:46 UTC 2005

on 10/16/2005 02:44 PM Thomas Springer wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 16.10.2005, 10:13 -0400 schrieb oleksandr korneta:
>
>>So if there is any config file which
>>allowes me to fix that, please point me to it, i'm going to put the
>>things in my way immediately
>>

> File
> /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/10-storage-policy.fdi
>
> Line(8)
> <merge key="storage.policy.default.mount_root"type="string">/mnt</merge>

wow... this is exactly it! The solution is so simple and elegant. Thank
you Thomas.
And it even has all these stupid names for cdrecorder, so now I can
change my dvdrw to proper name and stop guessing every time what is
cdrecorder1 and cdrecorder2.

> But remember that this works until updated hal-package gets released.
> I have no idea how Rawhide/FC5 or hal > 0.5.2 does handle that.
it's a pity, but at least I know now how to fix it even if it is going
to be overwritten by new release of hal.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta