American Date in Thunderbird

Richard England rengland at europa.com
Mon Oct 17 00:35:41 UTC 2005

spmirowski wrote:

>> In that
>> thread, I was informed that Tbird only considers the gnome settings,
>> so fixing the KDE settings was not affecting it.
>> Dotan
>> http://technology-sleuth.com/index.php
>

> So then, How do I change Gnome to use YYYY/MM/DD?
> In Windows I always change to ISO standard, now that I noticed that US
> is default that is bugging me.
>
> Stephen

Perhaps these will help.  May need some experimentation:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Date_display_format
http://www.colinseymour.co.uk/archives/2005/08/31/thunderbird-date-format/

I think setting   export LC_TIME=en_DK  before running Thunderbird would
get you roughly what you want.  At lease, it worked for me.