kprinter produces X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3

dev.loop at gmail.com dev.loop at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 08:37:57 UTC 2005

Hi,

when trying to print with kprinter, it gives me
[user at machine ~]# X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
Major opcode: 7
Minor opcode: 0
Resource id: 0x3a00007
after some seconds.
I send this printing job to a cups server, running on a different debian
machine

I`ve got this problem with only ONE of my Fedora Core 3 machines
Printing from another FC3 machine with the same package version installed
(in this case kdebase-3.4.2-0.fc3.3) works fine.
BTW: Is it normal, that binaries from the same rpm have different md5sums on
different machines ?
(I tried with /usr/bin/kwrite /usr/bin/kprinter /usr/bin/vim)
Though the vmlinuz images in the /boot dir on both machines show the same
md5sum

I also tried reinstalling the kdebase rpm (rpm -Fhv
kdebase-3.4.2-0.fc3.3.....)

I also tried restarting the cups server on the debian machine.

I tried searching the web and this list, but I could find any solution.
My best guess is, that kprinter is the cause of this problem, but I`m not
really sure.

Anyone has ANY hints, suggestions, solutions to this ?
TIA

Cheers,
/dev/loop