TV load question.- number 2

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Mon Oct 17 16:02:55 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 06:44:17AM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 08:34 -0500, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> > Someone decided to have TV channels delivered to people on campus
> > through the internet to be viewed on computer screens.
> > In Windows this seems to be pretty automatic. The web site opens and
> > loads plugins for the mp4 and mp2 TV signals.
> >
> > Now my mystery is how to do this in Linux. Any advice out there?
> ----
> do you have mplayer installed?
>
> on my FC-3 system (at means Axel Thimm's repo)
>
> # rpm -qa|grep mplayer
> mplayer-1.0-36_pre5.rhfc3.at
> mplayer-fonts-1.0-6.at
> mplayer-skins-1.0-pre3_12.at
> mplayer-skin-mini-0.1-11.1.at
> mplayerplug-in-3.05-1.1.fc3.rf
>
> Craig
Ok, lets ask another question. How do you tell firefox to accept mp2 and
mp4 extensions as video/mpeg filesr? I have never figured out how to
change the plugin information in firefox. I changed this isn
/etc/mime.types but that does not do any good.

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
		-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University