installing ant, now what?

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Oct 17 18:39:31 UTC 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>
> > > www.jpackage.org
> >
> > Thanks much.
> >
> > > You are encouraged to use the package made by them - you can easily use
> > > their repo with yum. There you too get the Java runtime environment.
> >
> > I'm trying.  I can't figure out what to ask for.
>
> Got it at last.
> I was navigating through subrepositories without GPS.

libgcj-java-placeholder.sh

This script is a placeholder for the /usr/bin/java
master link required by jpackage.org conventions.  libgcj's
rmiregistry, rmic and jar tools are now slave symlinks to these
masters, and are managed by the alternatives(8) system.

This change was necessary because the rmiregistry, rmic and jar tools
installed by previous versions of libgcj conflicted with symlinks
installed by jpackage.org JVM packages.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher
   at gnu.gcj.runtime.FirstThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
   at _Jv_ThreadRun(java.lang.Thread) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
   at _Jv_RunMain(java.lang.Class, byte const, int, byte const, boolean) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
   at __gcj_personality_v0 (/disk2/people/hennebry/work/silk/ant.home=/usr/share/ant)
   at __libc_start_main (/lib/tls/libc-2.3.3.so)
   at _Jv_RegisterClasses (/disk2/people/hennebry/work/silk/ant.home=/usr/share/ant)

Arrrg.
Now what do I do?
--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES.  *I* ONLY TURN UP ONCE."  --  Death