OT: TCPA PETITION

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 17 19:26:17 UTC 2005

Claus Reheis wrote:
> Everybody who cares about it please sign the petition at:
>
> http://www.petitiononline.com/cwtcpa/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Claus

I saw the petition. I have been an opponent of "software copy
protection" since I first encountered it in about 1982 or
thereabouts. IMO, it only hurts legitimate users. The scoff
laws will continue to find a way to pirate software.

However, I cannot "sign" the petition, because I cannot
imagine how it violates my right. Reword the petition
to "I object to it, and will not purchase or install any
software made subject to it" and I can sign.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.