Good DVD Player

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Mon Oct 17 21:32:20 UTC 2005

Amadeus W. M. wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 00:54:06 +0300, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
>

>>Amadeus W. M. wrote:

< snip >

> In general, any package depends on a number of libraries, and rpm checks
> if those dependencies are installed, but does not install them.
>
> You need to use yum.
>
> yum install vlc

Well  i have never tried that before . I have a 56K dialup connection so
i prefer to download one rpm at a time instead of using yum ( if for
example
i try to update my system and yum chooses to download a kernel source for
example , then i am doomed ... ) . Anyway i will try that now  thanks

> will install vlc AND dependencies.

Kind Regards,
    Kostas