mplayer plugin in FC3 - failed dependencies

Alastair McKinley amckinley03 at qub.ac.uk
Mon Oct 17 21:54:26 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install the mplayer plugin mplayerplug-in-3.11-fc3.i386.

When I try to install the rpm package with:

rpm -i mplayerplug-in-3.11-fc3.i386

I get a failed dependency as libxpcom.so is missing.
I have a version of libxpcom.so in /usr/lib/thunderbird-1.0.7 and
/usr/lib/firefox-1.0.7.
I've had similar problems before with rpm packages and im not quite sure
what is the right way to go about fixing it is.

So any info on failed dependecies and the right way to fix them would be
much appreciated!

Alastair