FC-3 install problem on AMD

Gilboa Davara gilboada at netvision.net.il
Tue Oct 18 08:22:16 UTC 2005

Oh... you really, I mean really need to shorten your post(s)...

First and foremost, did you try FC4?
Second, did you do a full CD test during the installation? (The
installer will offer to test the CDs right after boot).
Third, I'm using FC4 on a number of Opteron machines. Furthermore, I use
FC3 on a number of Athlon XP/MP machnies.
For all intent and purposes, Athlon 64 / Sempron 754/939 are identical
to the Opteron (minus the SMP capability) and the AthlonXP/MP is
identical to the Sempron 462.

However, the source of the problem may be a problematic board (the
Elitegroup board and/or the VIA chipset it is based upon) or a buggy
BIOS. (Did you try Elitegroup for a newer BIOS?)

Gilboa