mplayer plugin in FC3 - failed dependencies

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Tue Oct 18 14:15:27 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 10:54:26PM +0100, Alastair McKinley wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to install the mplayer plugin mplayerplug-in-3.11-fc3.i386.
>
> When I try to install the rpm package with:
>
> rpm -i mplayerplug-in-3.11-fc3.i386
>
> I get a failed dependency as libxpcom.so is missing.
> I have a version of libxpcom.so in /usr/lib/thunderbird-1.0.7 and
> /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.7.
> I've had similar problems before with rpm packages and im not quite sure
> what is the right way to go about fixing it is.
>
> So any info on failed dependecies and the right way to fix them would be
> much appreciated!
>
> Alastair
If you install the livna repo then you can do a:
yum install mplayerplug-in
and it should install. I had the same problem with a rpm I downloaded
separately.

I have a hobby.  I have the world's largest collection of sea shells.  I keep
it scattered on beaches all over the world.  Maybe you've seen some of it.
		-- Steven Wright
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University