FC-3 install problem on AMD

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Tue Oct 18 16:36:04 UTC 2005

Fraser wrote:
> Hi There,
>
>          My name is "Fraser". I am currently using
<snip>

Hi Fraser,

If Fedora needs a propaganda minister, I vote for you!

Seriously though...

Have you tried the media check when the fedora installation starts? Do
all pieces of media pass the test?

Have you successfully installed from those same CDs on another system?

Those errors you are seeing suggest either the ISO images you downloaded
are corrupt, they were burned improperly, or the CD drive is having a
particular problem reading them.

Some possible solutions:

- verify the checksum of the ISO images you downloaded
- burn them at a slower speed
- burn them on a different brand of media with a different chemical
composition. Some drives have problems reading certain types of media.
- install a different cdrom drive in the target machine and try the
install again

In most cases that works for me. If the machine is being really
stubborn, you can copy the iso images to an external USB disk drive,
boot off the install cd and install from that. I've done that when I've
got cdrom drives that are either really slow or getting old and unreliable.

-Mike