lost samba browse list on upgrade to fc4

sean seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 18:09:41 UTC 2005

I'm running a small workgroup with ten windows machines
where a linux box is the samba server:

Oct 18 13:32:56 Server nmbd[31741]:   Samba name server
SERVER is now a local master browser for workgroup FIRM
on subnet 10.10.10.2

  I just upgraded from fc1 to fc4. This setup worked fine in
fc1. But now, the windows machines can browse shares on all
the other windows machines, but *not* on the server itself.

net view does not show the Server. But, new view server does
show the shares on the server!

Also, net use x: \\server\share gives a network path not
found message.

testparm works.

smb.conf:

[global]