FC-3 install problem on AMD

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Tue Oct 18 23:03:28 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 03:11, Fraser wrote:
Hat Enterprise Linux-4 will work? How can
snip

>     i get the CDs?
> --- Will FreeBSD work on this system?
>

> ** 2nd QUESTION: I, myself, want to buy a new
> computer.
>                  I want to buy AMD-athlon-64. Will
> FC-3
>                  work on it? If not then which other
>                  GNU/Linux distributions.
>
> Can anybosy help me on providing answers to these 2
> questions?
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> "Fraser"
>
> "the Great Intellectuals"
> http://mail.yahoo.com
I have had certain cdroms "go thermal" on me when loading software.

I would suggest couple of possibilities.

1) let his cdrom drive cool for several minutes and hit retry.

2) Make sure that his hard drive and cdrom are on separate cables. Some cdroms
will have "issues" when on the same cable/channel.

3) Remove his hard drive and load the system in your machine. Kudzu will
correct all variances when moved over.