Opt me out

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 19 01:03:24 UTC 2005

From: "Richard E Miles" <r.godzilla at comcast.net>

> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:05:35 -0500
> Joe Roppe <joeroppe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Please opt me out immediately. I've been trying to do just that, but you
>> ignore my automatic requests.
>>
>> Don't you think that 44 messages an hour is a little ridiculous.
>>
>> I'll expect you to do this manually, since it didn't work automatically.
>> --
>> Thank you,
>> Joe Roppe
>>
>> joeroppe at gmail.com

Richard, I got the impression he's used both the email version and the
http version of unsubscribe and gotten nowhere. If so posting to the
list is more polite than starting to bounce the emails, the nuclear
option. Maybe TPTB will catch his plaint and deal with it - if he really
is stuck and missing the unsubscribe hints. (Web mail programs seem to
trim off footers and headers as a general rule. Someone needs to gen up
an RFC that declares this to be improper behavior.)

{^_-}