USB subsytem

Trevor "TeC" Christian trevor at bouyon.dalive.com
Wed Oct 19 03:24:54 UTC 2005

david walcroft wrote:

> Trevor "TeC" Christian wrote:
>
>> david walcroft wrote:
>>
>>> <snip>
>>> Trevor,
>>>       I have only just installed BackUps CS 650 so the install and
>>> test is fresh in my mind,maybe some questions might help.
>>>
>>> 1/ What does apcaccess status say?
>>>
>> FATAL ERROR in apcaccess.c at line 278
>> tcp_open: cannot connect to server 0.0.0.0 on port 3551.
>> ERR=Connection refused
>>
>>> 2/ What is in /var/log/apcupsd.events [or /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.events]
>>>
>> Communications with UPS lost.
>>
>> And when i try to restart...
>>
>> apcupsd FATAL ERROR in linux-usb.c at line 751
>> Cannot open UPS device: "" --
>>
>>> 3/ Check the maual!
>>>   david
>>

> Have you got 'NETSERVER on'
>
>              'NISPORT 3551'
>
> In your /etc/apcupsd.conf file. In the Test Manual it shows the
> identical error but a different line no.and the answer is that above
>
>   david

Yea... the above are/were set...

Thanks though

This system has been working for a while... The problem seemed to be a
USB failure...

Restarting the machine resolved the problem... but why did it happen?
and Why did i have to restart the entire machine for it?

--
*Trevor "TeC" Christian*
/TeC Productions Studios/
   MSN: trevorc98 at hotmail.com / trevor at bouyon.dalive.com