evince is great but how about Japanese font support?

Akira TAGOH tagoh at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 07:43:30 UTC 2005

>>>>> On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:44:09 +0900,
>>>>> "naoki" == Naoki <naoki at valuecommerce.com> wrote:

naoki> Japanese PDFs just don't work for me, is this a missing font pack issue?  Or does evince just not like other languages?

Evince (correctly poppler) requires the proper xpdfrc at
least to show CJK characters, which was based on xpdf. there
was a similar problem for gpdf, but anyway.

I'd propose to make a separate package which only contains
xpdfrc files, and having Requires: xpdf-common say would
helps in this case.

They may have different behavior with the rendering say
since the development is forked actually FWIW.

Regards,
--
Akira TAGOH