installing a grub/lilo bootloader on the MBR of a MOUNTED hdd

Khaled khaled at ipbill.com
Wed Oct 19 09:51:18 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have duplicated a running server (sella) on my network to an empty hdd
(sellaCone) mounted as /mnt/sellaClone on another hdd hosting Fedora 3 (host
hdd=hda, sellaClone=hdc). Since I am cloning only the primary partition,
only hdc2 is being cloned (suse 9.2 puts swap partition as hdc1).

My problem is that having duplicated all imported info/directories, I need
to create a bootloader on the MBR so that the disk can be booted on its own.
The question is how can I do this?

Please advise...

Many thanks.

Khaled