Remote device use problem!

Thiago Amaury Ferraz tferraz at romi.com.br
Wed Oct 19 10:58:10 UTC 2005

Hello All!

Well, I've a big problem, I've backup servers (FC4) that need to send their
content to a tape device in another Sun Solaris machine, I used RSH, but
now, I don't know why, It's not working.. I believe that's a problem with
FC4.. I receive the error message "Input/output error".. someone would have
a new solution to suggest or a solution to this error? How can I send the
backup servers content to another tape device machine? SSH?! which command?!
I'm trying to use CPIO.. but it's not working..

Thank's a lot.. sorry about my persistence.. but.. I'm looking for a
solution there are days.. without success! I received some suggests about
commands.. but, they're not working..

sTAFf